1. Cut the potatoes in half and then into quarters. Fill a medium sized pot with water and add the potatoes. Place on the stove top and bring to the boil with the lid on. Leave on a rolling boil for 15 – 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
2. When the potatoes are ready, drain them well to get rid of all the liquid. Roughly mash the cooked potatoes in the saucepan with a potato masher.
3. Add to the mashed potato the tuna, spring onion, garlic, egg, collagen, turmeric, salt and pepper and mix well with a wooden spoon till well combined.
4. Form the mixture into 6 patties. Take a wide plate and add the polenta. Place the patties one by one into the polenta to coat on both sides evenly.
5. Bring a wide base fry pan to a medium heat and add half of the extra virgin olive oil. Add the patties and allow to cook for 5 – 7 minutes until lovely and golden, checking to ensure they are not burning.
6. Turn the patties over and cook again on the other side till golden for another 5 – 7 minutes. It is ideal to flip them back over again for an additional few minutes on each side to get them really crunchy.
7. While the patties are cooking toss the mixed leafy greens with apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.
8. When the patties are cooked remove them from the pan and divide between serving plates. Serve patties with mixed leafy green salad and sauerkraut if using.